Programs, Services, Fees
Enhancing independent living and home support for seniors
The services offered by CHATS help seniors maintain their dignity and personal freedom by facilitating independent living in their own homes or with loved ones. Every senior and caregiver can select the services they need to create a personalized plan that is most meaningful for their specific needs.
Programs are listed below. Please scroll down further to see fees. To book a program/service, or for more information, please call (905) 713-6596 or toll-free, 1-877-452-4287.
- Meals on Wheels: Home-style comfort-food meals delivered to a senior’s door. Great-tasting, convenient and nutritious. Special dietary needs can be accommodated. Click to view our menu.
- Homemaking: A professional Home Support Worker will assist with activities of daily independent living, such as light cleaning, laundry and meal preparation.
- Personal Care: A certified Personal Support Worker will assist with personal care needs, such as bathing, toileting and dressing.
- Respite Care: A certified Personal Support Worker provides in-home care to senior-aged loved ones when caregivers require a little extra help, a much-needed break, or when they can’t be there themselves. A specialized respite program for care recipients who have Alzheimer’s or related dementia is available in Bradford West Gwillimbury, East Gwillimbury, Georgina and New Tecumseth.
- Caregiver Support and Education: We offer services that are specially designed to meet the unique needs of those who are caring for a senior-aged loved one. This includes personal consultations and support groups facilitated by our professional Caregiver Education Counsellor, and workshops with regular guest speakers.
- Transportation: Our drivers escort clients to and from medical appointments, grocery stores, errands, CHATS programs and more to facilitate their independent living.
- Home at Last: A FREE service that makes the transition from hospital to home easier and more pleasant. Patients are driven home and a Personal Support Worker helps make them comfortable back in their home, getting them back on the road to independent living.
- Seniors Wellness Programs / Lunch Out: Great food, friendships and fun. Seniors enjoy a healthy meal out and activities with their peers.
- Adult Day Programs: A variety of social and wellness activities, companionship and lunch. Available at CHATS in Aurora. A specialized Adult Day Program for seniors with Alzheimer’s or related dementia is available for residents of Bradford West Gwillimbury, East Gwillimbury, Georgina and New Tecumseth.
- Diversity Outreach Programs: Social and wellness activities, each designed to meet unique cultural and language needs. Chinese, Italian, Russian, Iranian, South Asian.
- Telephone Reassurance: Gives peace of mind, as a CHATS volunteer gives seniors a friendly call on a regular schedule. A FREE CHATS service.
- CHATS Philips Lifeline Personal Response and Support Service: Seniors can feel more secure knowing support is close by. Help is accessed at the press of a button. Now available with Auto Alert, a new layer of falls protection. For more information, or to order, call CHATS Philips Lifeline at 1-866-719-1017. Click to learn more about Philips Lifeline.
- Home Adaptation and Maintenance Program: Following a comprehensive FREE home safety assessment, recommendations are made to help improve the quality of life for seniors aged 65-plus who wish to maintain their independent living arrangements. Adaptations can include grab bars, ramps, stair lifts, handrails and more. Maintenance services can include fall and spring yard clean-up, snow removal, summer lawn care, heavy-duty cleaning, eavestrough and exterior window cleaning. Residents of Bradford West Gwillimbury, East Gwillimbury, Georgina and New Tecumseth have access to these services. Some subsidies are available.
Affordable senior care services
At CHATS, we make every effort to keep the cost to you as low as possible for our high-quality senior care services. Fees are geared to income, and subsidies are available.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss subsidies for any of our services.
Fees - effective October 1, 2012
Meals on Wheels
$5.65 per entrée
Soup/Dessert/CHATS pack (snack)
Personal Care Service
$26.95 per hour
$25.95 per hour for 3 or more consecutive hours
Assessed rate based on income
$10.20 - $23.65 per hour
$15.30 per hour
Lunch Out Programs
Diversity Outreach Programs
Seniors Wellness Programs
$4.00 - $15.00
Minimum $10.00 per round trip plus parking charge. Long distance trips @ .45 cents per kilometre + parking charge. For appointments or programs that last more than two hours, the client will be asked to pay for each trip.
Shopping Club/Group Drives
$8.00 per round trip
Adult Day Programs
Frail Elderly & Alzheimer's/Dementia
Daily Program Fee $10.20 - $23.65 per day
Telephone Reassurance, Caregiver Support & Education, Home At Last -- FREE
Lifeline Personal Response System
Installation: $89.95 plus hst/Monthly: $42.95 plus hst
(Not offered by CHATS in New Tecumseth)
The following are only available in Bradford West Gwillimbury, East Gwillimbury, Georgina and New Tecumseth:
Home Adaptation & Maintenance
Fees/subsidies subject to assessment. Free home safety assessments.
Specialized Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia Respite
Excellent bulk rates available. Call for details.
Cancellation Policy: 24 (Twenty-four) hours notice is required, or charges will occur. Invoices are mailed monthly. Prices subject to change. Services are H.S.T. exempt unless noted above.