Client Bill of Rights
We emphasize trust, dignity, respect and safety in all our client relationships.
As one of our valued clients, you have the right:
- To be treated in a courteous and respectful manner and receive safe, competent service.
- To feel secure that all rights will be fully protected including confidentiality of personal records.
- To feel secure that dignity and privacy will be protected.
- To be viewed as an individual, including preferences based on ethnic, spiritual, linguistic, familial and cultural factors.
- To receive respectful and non-discriminatory service regardless of gender, ability, disability, age and sexual orientation.
- To be kept updated regarding available community services and be advised as to who will be providing this service.
- To be acknowledged as having the right to participate in their assessment, development and review of their service plan.
- To feel secure that one has the right of refusal of any community service.
- To feel secure in raising concerns without the fear of interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
- To be aware of the law, rules and policies affecting CHATS operation and the procedure for making a complaint.
- To live free from neglect, psychological, physical, financial, sexual and systemic abuse.
As a CHATS client, you have the right to discuss any concerns regarding services by calling CHATS at 905-713-6596 or toll free at 1-877-452-4287.